Monday, September 21, 2009

Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Let’s call this entry what it really is: good old fashioned stalling for time. I’m behind on my blog, and wanted to give you fellas a little somethin somethin for being so kind as to pay me a visit. So, while I baked my favorite chocolate chip cookies this weekend, I snapped a few pictures and voila! Bloggin gold, baby.

No, in all seriousness, these are good cookies. They come from Kathleen’s Bake Shop, the same cookbook that gave you Blueberry Buckle, my most popular blog entry ever. And who doesn’t need a bangin recipe for Chocolate-Chip Cookies? These are ultra thin, slightly crisp, and chewy in the center. They are soothing, they are decadent, they will make the guy you are trying to impress go wild when he samples one on the picnic you are packing for him.

Right.

Onto the cookies.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your cookie sheets (this recipe yields about 50 cookies).

In a large bowl, mix 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt.

In another large bowl, cream 1 cup of butter and ¾ cup granulated sugar and ¾ cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar. Add 1 teaspoon water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and mix until just combined. Add 2 eggs. Stir in the previous flour mixture. Fold in 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, but “don’t overmix!” Kathleen cautions.

Place batter onto greased cookie sheets leaving at least 2 inches of room between the cookies.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges and center of the cookie are brown. Cool on a wire rack.

...and then stack them up like so, just because it’s fun:
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Once more, separated at birth. I'm horribly behind -- and when i get behind, i get overwhelmed by my behindness -- but i did bake a batch of oatmeal cookies about two weeks ago and took a very similar photo of them stacked sky high. I'll get around to posting it...one day. I hate when things pile up. Unless those things are cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what happened to you, Hungry Pumpkin! I miss your entries. But Lordie knows how easy it is to fall behind. Will keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe tate's bakeshop in southampton use to be kathleen's bakeshop, home of the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever! thin and crispy, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post.

    I love the Kathleen's Bake Shop Cookbook and especially these cookies. (Have you seen what this litte gem of a cookbook is trading for on Amazon???)

    Kathleen has another great cookbook - Called the Tates Bakeshop cookbook and a recipe for chocolate chip coconut, macadamia cookies that are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What also happened is I gained a few pounds (thanks a lot, Restaurant Week) so my spare time is now spent on a treadmill. If I could type and treadmill, I would. Someday, I bet, this will be possible. But not tonight. Tonight there is Top Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look scrumptious!

    ...By the way, I'm wondering whether that oh-so-casual line about picnics is supposed to reveal something more...? ;-)

    ReplyDelete