Monday, January 5, 2009

NYC Restaurant Week Winter 2009: Who's Ready?

Reservations opened today for New York City's Restaurant Week: Winter 2009.

From January 18 to 23 and January 25 to 30, you can select from over 250 of NYC’s best restaurants and enjoy a $25 lunch and $35 dinner, a great way to finally see how the other half live!

And for the first time, many restaurants are offering Sunday dinners, not just Monday through Friday!

I was pretty pleased with the offerings. Unfortunately, many of the real draws are only serving lunch: Cafe Boulud, Del Posto Ristorante, Eleven Madison Park, Craftbar, Dovetail New York, Esca, Gotham Bar & Grill, Lupa, and Nobu to name a few. Impossible for a girl who works in Westchester. Still, there is some solid stuff - way too much to cover in two weeks!

Don't wait too long to make your pick; these places are likely to fill up quick. If you are lucky enough to secure a reservation after waiting a week, you'll be relegated to the 5:00 pm slot or the unforgiving 10:30 pm slot. In Summer 2008, I was eating at 11:00 pm at night and falling asleep in my desserts.

Naturally, I wasn't going to make the same mistake again. So tonight, I'm sitting pretty with reservations at Anthos, Aquavit Cafe, Jo Jo, and The Bar Room at The Modern, all at reasonable hours! Fixed price menus for all restaurants haven't been posted yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that The Bar Room at the Modern will repeat Summer 2008's selection. They basically put their whole menu up for the $35 price: pick any app, entree, and dessert. It was a classy move, and I'll never forget the Alsatian sausage I had for an appetizer.

I'm pretty satisfied with my choices. How do you think I did? And what are you most excited to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment